Sunday, December 11, 2011

coat

apparently it gets really, unbelievably cold in ny in the winter. today i even saw frozen puddles! this means that i need to get an actual coat and not just my super awesome 'wet balloon' jacket and rain slicker.

i've been dabbling with the idea of getting a coat with fur. there are lots of people here who have fur (real and fake) and so it wouldn't be THAT weird, right? and i could just pretend its fake :)

there is this GORGEOUS coat i have my eye on and so i've been having an ethical dilemma about buying it because it is lined with rabbit fur. it is soooo soft and makes me happy and warm (or at least, i'm sure it will). but i've never owned fur before, let alone bought it. i have bought lots of leather stuff (mostly shoes) and thats never made me think twice.

here is the advice i've been given:
- it was probably a 'food rabbit'
- 'they're just rabbits'

but i'm mostly convinced that i can make it my little secret and not let on that its real. so i bought it. i haven't been able to try it on in my size so unless it looks like butt when i get it in the mail, i will probably have a new coat in a week!

1 comment: