Sunday, August 19, 2012

awkward moments (per uzhe)

alright.  i know its been awhile so here i come armed with stories. 

first up, a tale as tall as i am about encounters with coworkers.  i'm not sure how to start this, but i will say that i am deleting all references to this blog from my twitter account ;)

1. NO NAMES, PLEASE. (i swear this isn't gossipy)

lets say i've been dating this guy from work.  lets also assume that i live with my bosses friend (because i live in her old room).  maybe there was a day this guy i'm dating and i were canoodling on the couch when my roommate showed up.  usually not a problem EXCEPT when my boss walks in right after him.  NOT AWKWARD.  well, it really wasn't.  not until i pushed this boy away from me and the new comers hung out in the kitchen talking in low noises pretending we aren't there.  don't worry, i made my boss talk to me.  then she and my roommate PROMPTLY WENT DOWN TO MY ROOMMATE'S ROOM.  ugh, what??? hmm... they are good friends, but... i'm still thinking this over.

2. this next actually makes me really happy.

pan to a work party, no drinks involved (obviously they weren't free either).  drinks have nothing to do with this.  one of my favorite work people went around saying goodbye to everyone and when he got to me he did a weird half-handshake, half-hug approach.  i laughed and opted for the handshake (as that's what a guy would do, right?) but he mumbled something awkward about not knowing what to do in these situations, which prompted me to ask him if he wanted a hug.  best hug ever.  especially because after that i asked if he would be my mentor.  times like that make me happiest i'm a dork and am ok with being awkward.

3. house party

teamed up with the fellas upstairs and threw a party.  only my BESTEST of friends showed up (all other friends are fired).  apparently ONE OF MY BESTEST FRIENDS had awkward convos with both of my neighbor-friends.  hahahaha (at least that was the only comment i got back about them).

xoxo, me

No comments:

Post a Comment